I'm so fed up. I've just read the news from BBC, CNN and some Hungarian news site... How can people write about something they have no clue about??? I mean how can be a journalist so unprofessional to write about something and making so much mistakes in an article just because he has never checked what is really going on??? And why does international media like drama???
Mr Kivuitu said a few days ago: "The media is allowed to lie for survival." Survival of who..???
Yess, it is so easy to say: "poor Kenyans didn't like the results so now they are shooting dead each other." or "Luckily, I'm not in Kenya, for me it's only about black guys are fighting with each other." and such things like that... If it was so easy!
I'm so disappointed. And sad.
Yes, this is a terrible situation. Yes, people are killing each other.
And it's sad enough to sit down, and, rather than making silly comments on something you have no clue about, think. Am I living every day of my life in a way that I'm taking care of people around me? Am I solving my conflicts with others in a diplomatic, calm manner? Am I intelligent enough to seek for information in a situation instead of talking about bullshit?
Anyways. I'm ok. I'm safe. It's been 7 days today we've not been out of the house, but it's alright. I'm spending my days with Kent's family, and that is good.
Some fresh news from http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/capitalRadio/
Calm returns to Nairobi
BY ROBIN NJOGU
NAIROBI, January 2 - Normalcy has returned to the City of Nairobi and other major towns in the country after days of violence that left more than 140 people dead and hundreds others displaced in the post election skirmishes.
The situation have improved after the government urged Kenyan to return to work and guaranteed that enough security had been provided.
Government Spokesman Dr Alfred Mutua said normalcy is returning to the country amid a heavy police presence.
Speaking on Capital in the Morning, Dr Mutua said save for some parts of the country, there is enough calm to allow people to resume work today.
"There were problems in Kisumu, but this one has been restored. Eldoret is where there are some problems," Mutua said.
In Nairobi, residents have heeded the government’s call and have braved their way to their work places.
Various shops and selective businesses in Downtown Nairobi have resumed operations opening their doors to the public Tuesday morning.
Optimistic residents said they anticipate things to normalize, and urged the leaders to seek a speedy solution to the political stalemate and push for reconciliation.
"Kenyans will try to outlive what have been happening. We are urging our leaders to dialogue, “a city resident said.
But a transport crisis is making it difficult for other commuters to get to work after police, for the third day cordoned off major roads leading into Nairobi's Central Business District amid tightened security.
They told Capital Newsbeat that they trekked long distances as some Matatu operators have hiked fares.
Matatus plying the Eastlands routes are dropping their passengers at the City Stadium stage before being turned back. Those coming down Langata road forced to alight at Nyayo stadium while those from Thika Road dropping off in Ngara.
Those determined to get to work are proceeding into town on foot.
Meanwhile, the police force said it would not restrain itself anymore in cracking down on the perpetrators of violence in certain parts of the country.
Police Spokesman Eric Kiraithe said anyone who is found engaging in criminal activities will face the full wrath of the law.
Kiraithe said since beginning of the post election violence, police have been restraining themselves but will no longer do so.
He said they would not allow the loss of life and property to spiral further.
Leaders across the political divide are also urging peace.
Former long serving Rift Valley PC Yussuf Hajji called on leaders in the province to end chaos there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment