2 days without sleep...
Since Friday it seems our life is getting back to normal. People have taken up work, shops are open, calling card prices back to their values, streets are safe and calm... Citizens have gotta be tired with all the fights and being closed in their homes. Everyone seems to be a bit lost these days...
Saturday I've been out almost all day.
We went for shopping with Diana in the morning - I wanted to buy new sandals. I though maasai market would be a good idea for that. It shocked me how empty it was. And what shocked Diana was that as I was the only mzungu there, so, of course, everyone wanted to sell everything to me, for hillarious prices. Virtually speaking they were fighting with each other for my attention. It was really bad. The same sandals I have bought last time for ksh 350 they wanted to sell now for ksh 3500, just for me. Finally I managed to get a pair for ksh 350, but I was running away from that place.
Then in the evening I went for Audi's farewell party to Mwendas. It was really nice, being with that many people after almost 2 weeks... And I think everyone felt the same.
Yesterday I had a drink with Patrick in the afternoon. He'd just got back from Brussels, after more than a week. Tho he saw the news in tv, he couldn't really understand first what has been happening in town, why it was so silent and empty.
No sleep in the past 2 nights...
After the Mwendas party I couldn't fall asleep all night. I was lying in my bad, turning from one side to the other, got up, then went back to bed again... Finally I think I slept from about 5.30am to 7.30am and then from 8am to 9.30am. Not much.
Since yesterday I have new house mates. Jobe's family - their house has been burnt down in Eldoret. 2 small kids, I guess 2 and 4 years old. The babyboy wasn't feeling comfortable, I guess, he woke up crying at least 4-5 times during the night.
We have our first meeting with the team today afternoon.
Audi is leaving to India in 2 days.
Life must go on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment