15th January 2008
"What would you take with yourself to an island where you're totally alone?" - this question has made me think several times since I was a small kid. I think I've just found the ultimate answer recently: my laptop. - After 5 days without having it, and one more day spent with fighting against its new trojans and viruses I'm starting to feel like an alcoholist without his daily pints. I'm fustrated and worried. I know it sounds crazy, but what do I do, that's the truths!
Anyways, I'm so grateful to Steve and Chetan. Steve has been taking his time getting this laptop baby back to life, saving all my data, works, music, movies, photos... And then Chetan today spent more than 3 hours with me trying to set up some antivirus system. Though this has seemed to be unsuccessful so far.
The past one week has been really confusing, I think not only for me. Politicians are still fighting, some international mediators have already given up on them - meanwhile the country is trying to ignore what has been happening. People are back at work, prices has gone back to usual, Nairobi seems to be calm, peaceful and safe but busy, as normally. There are donations organized for the homeless, projects starting up to avoid the same challenges next time, and promotions going on for peace and tolerance. Even the economy, business life is taking up its normal pace.
Kenyans are disappointed and worried.
Unfortunately the issue is not solved yet. First of all, the 2 men who are supposed to be leading this country, being blind of hunger for power, are still not willing to agree. And the country will still suffer until they find a solution. Then the other, even more serious issue is the damage that this situation has caused in the society. The lack of trust, the hatred, doubtfulness that is coming all along with the fights amongst citizens will not just disappear from one day to the other. Politicians can agree, economy can boom again, the international media can forget about Kenya totally - but will Kenyans be able to live and work together peacefully again? I wonder what is the way out of this state of mind?
I hope to hear some ideas for solution - if you have any, comment on this post.
Though we have resumed office last week, I have just started really working yesterday. Got up at 7am, had several meetings, have been writing loads and loads of emails, fighting with myaiesec.net again... I enjoy it a lot. Especially cos I started my Monday morning with Joram for a breakfast meeting, which was really awesome. I'm so happy to have him as my mentor.
My week and weekend before was kinda random. Mostly I was at home, working, chatting with Diana, and then I also spent some time with Audi, had a long coffee-talk with Melissa and a lunch with Alex Avedi.
Today I just wish I wasn't waking up in the morning. I don't know why I have been feeling so terrible all day. I think it might be my laptopoholism...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment