Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Mad world

There is a movie that I have to watch again and again since I've seen it for the first time - its title is "What the bleep do we know about the world?". Today evening just after arriving home, having some kinda dinner, I felt like I have to watch it again.
It's giving me a sense of mistery. The main idea of the movie is that "instead of thinking of things we have to think of possibilities". I won't go deeper to what the movie is about, but this idea always makes me think, always gives me some inspiration - to discover those possibilities.

I have always believed: impossible is nothing and nothing is impossible. But I still have to open my mind to understand things can happen in a way I don't expect. Things can happen in a way I don't know about. And I don't just have to learn new and new ways of approaching what's around me, I don't just have to bring in different perspectives - I have to be so extremely open that I get closer to possibilities I've never thought of. It's out of what I can imagine. Yet.

A few days ago I was told about the history of the Rainmakers. A bit of African culture, beliefs. When Audi first told me about the Rainmakers, I thought he was joking and finding out the whole idea at that very moment. Then I have come to understand that it's a kinda myth. It will sound wierd but I'm asking myself: where myths are coming from? How can we know that they're not real?
The ancient Greek believed Zeus was crying and that caused rain. These African tribes believed that the Rainmakers were controlling the weather. Modern science explains the whole thing in a very different way. But how do we know that they're right? And that it's not the Rainmakers causing the rain?
---
Last week I've developed a new approach to my work:
1. I'm taking off a few hours during daytime, just to refresh my mind - this way I can avoid my mind-block (which usually happens between 5 and 6 pm), and I can stay productive late evenings.
2. I'm spending more time with people and giving more time for myself. Sounds controversial, but this means that I'm spending more time actively with people, not just saying "hi, how're you" when they enter the office - and when I need to be alone, I consciously go out of accessibility. This helps me to get new ideas and reflect more on them.
3. I've started to visualize more what I'm working on. I've started to use flipcharts in the office and even at home - so when I'm creating something, I see a big picture and can find out how it'll look like at the end of the day.

I don't know wether it'll help me getting my results - but at least, I enjoy. It keeps me more creative - and that's how I am.
---
I have no new photos cos I've lost my camera in Turkey. I need to get a new one but I face some challenges regarding that, so it'll take some time.

No comments: