Friday, October 12, 2007

Pump it

I should be sleeping now... it's 2am again and i'm still working. I just can't help - I had a mind block in the afternoon, I couldn't finish what I had planned for today, and my ideas are coming during night-time, after a big pot of coffee. Even now I'm facing the 11 competencies of the Global Competency Model and trying to come up with some cool new ideas on how my members can develop these competencies...

Crazy-smiley two weeks have been on their way since last week.

I had 3 days for LC visits just right in the neighbourhood, hehe, LC Nairobi is soooo close to the MC office. Though I have to mention, I decided that I will enjoy the same benefits as the others during their LC visits, and I'm not going to the MC office at all :-P Ok, I couldn't keep it 100%, but still... And I enjoyed my time so much with these guys!!! I decided that I'll go to LC visits much more often during my term, cos it's the biggest fun and, by the way, the biggest impact.
Next week I'm going to visit LC Moi - Eldoret, prepare, am coming! :-)

And then JC, our beloved Africa Director arrived for country visit on Saturday... Since then our life is a bit messed up - not in a bad way though, just different then usually, and basically I had to replan my whole week. I don't mind it at all!
JC's visit has come as a blessing on us - his approach is extremely supportive, trying to help us as much as possible. He's also realized how much potential AIESEC Kenya has - and he's got very practical ideas on how we can tap into this potential. I can't wait to see the end results of this term and team... I'd love to see us getting the global excellence award in Brasil, at next IC!

Tomorrow is my first faci team meeting for the conference Pioneers 2007 - with 14 facis from 5 different countries. And this time the facis from the other 4 countries are not trainees, currently they are placed in Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe, so I will have a big challenge to solve called distance. Tho I have a big confidence in the team - I know all of them are very competent and committed guys, so I believe we can make it.

JC has made me realize something: if there is one thing missing now around us, is the hype. The hype for all that we're doing. We as a team have the hype but not yet been able to pass it on. "Hype up your life" could be the new motto - ehh, I like it, I like it ;-)

No comments: