Friday, May 16, 2008

Inner smile

15th May 2008
4.30pm, Rongai, Nairobi

I'm sitting at the back of Nazarene University campus, in Rongai. The whole campus is beautiful, but this peace at the back is just wow... Amazing... The only noise I hear is the birds, the wind, and some quiet music from AIESEC in Nazarene's office nearby.

I have come here to deliver some trainings. We were supposed to start at 11am and finish by 2-3pm latest. Well, starting at 1pm didn't really help in our time management, but somehow I don't mind it now.

I didn't plan much for today originally, coz my laptop is with Emma, and I've got a bad cold recently - actually I was even thinking about taking the whole day out and just rest... Especially coz I've kinda overworked myself in the past few weeks (again) and I've felt tired and fustrated.
For the same reason, 2 days ago Emma sent me home to rest and take a break. Then yesterday Leah looked at me and said: "You gal, you need a cocktail." Well, I seriously did. Finally we ended up in Mwendas Leah, Beryl, Winnie and myself, drinking that Blue Streak again that usually kills me... - afterwards I slept in Leah's room at campus, as it was too late to go home.

Today morning I felt like a hero again, waking up at 7am, heading to home to take a shower and change, and also to prepare for the trainings - then I met Maureen at 9.30am at railways, so that we could come together to Rongai.

I'm happy. I've been out of my usual daily schedule and paradigms so much recently. I've also bought a new pair of shows at Bata yesterday. Finally. And I'm not worried about time anymore, is has become my friend. I feel being in peace and harmony with myself and with the world around me. I feel energized and inspired. I feel happy.

And this happiness comes from something else as well... Someone else actually... I don't know what he has done to me, but since Daniel has come into my life, I feel being a different person. He has made me believe in many things I didn't believe in before. He is the cause of my smile each day, he's the sugar in my coffee (that's why I don't need any more ;)), he's the answer for my questions. I've never felt like this before. I just hope that we are really getting closer to the day when the 2 thousand miles between us won't be there anymore - I'll be the happiest woman on Earth.

No comments: