Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sitting down here

1.30am

Let me share an extract from one of my emails to Leah - I think it describes a lot about my current state of mind:

"... I’m just missing Kenya very much – and it’s not a cliché or something, but deeply. I mean first of all, it is very strange what kind of social values I got in Kenya which are really different in Hungary and I get annoyed by them every day. (like people in Hungary seem to be much more money oriented, much more individualistic, public affection is totally accepted, girls are wearing extremely short skirts and generally cloths which are not covering too much parts of their bodies, etc..) I keep on talking on mixed English and Swahili and I’m wondering why people don’t understand me, I am late by around 20 minutes from all my meetings, I can’t adjust to the bus schedules (I have serious issues with this one) and I keep on talking about Kenya and Kenya and Kenya all the time, I was told recently that it’s getting to be too much for my environment… and these are only a few examples."

Besides all, am doing quite well. I'm just busy with all transition, trainings and work and I feel really tired at the end of each day. And this way I find it really hard to communicate with anyone... It's really annoying. I hate being disconnected.

And I've got a cold... again. I feel sometimes it'd never stop.

On Sunday we're going to Serbia for a week with my new team. We decided to have the MC planning there coz Rado needs to go back to get his visa finally. It'll be cool - 5 days with the boys :)

I'll write more later, but now I still feel a bit lost and confused - and right now I don't have time to clear up my thoughts. And frankly speaking it's better this way at the moment.

No comments: