Situational creativity... I don't know wether English has this expression or not, but I know I have developed a new skill which could be called like that.
I had thought that not having power and hot water time by time and the total absence of a washing machine are the top of the mountain in terms of household challenges - well, I was quite wrong. 3 weeks ago our fridge decided to stop working, and as it seems to be taking forever to replace the wrong element, we've gotta change our eating-cooking-food storing habits. Then, I have to think it still didn't push our barriers far enough, cos 3 days ago we ended up not having water at all in the house. And since then the most we could get out of our taps have not been more than 10 drops I guess...
You cannot even imagine for how many things you are using water until you get into a situation like this! People usually ask: how do we take shower this way? This is the smallest challenge, I swear! Just imagine... washing your clothes, washing up the dishes, cooking, drinking (even for a coffee), washing your hands and your teeth and your face, toilet issues, etc...
But here is the solution: take the one and only tap in the garden which is still working, plus take 2 buckets, a bottle of 5 liters (originally for mineral water) and a basin - and everything can be worked out :)
Otherwise, this last week was a rush - from one meeting to another, competing with the time so that I can finish everything properly. But so far so good, I have managed to finish most of the things I had to do.
I've reached 9 months of my Kenyan experience by yesterday. Honestly, it is scary! I have only 3 more months left. And time is flying. 100% energy, 100% content - the motto for that next 3 months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment